Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Umm parting ways with Gaborik is inevitable due to salary cap concerns..... Nash is youner, less injury prone, and has the longer contract. We can't afford to have so much cap spaced tied up in 3 forwards and still pay the rest of our promising young players and established core guys. If you look at the Rangers contract situation we have A LOT of key players who will be needing new contracts over the next 2 seasons.... Whether we keep Gaborik for one more season or not, I think it's inevitable that he's a cap casualty and the Rangers will not be in a position to re-sign him (they might not even want to).

Gaborik is simply not a consistent nor reliable playoff performer and I'm not sure how anyone could suggest otherwise.... He doesn't elevate his game when you need to rely on him the most. Scoring hat tricks and multi-goal games in the regular season does not lessen my concerns about his ability to perform and deliver in the post-season...
Agreed. Gaborik is streaky, useless defensively, easy to shutdown, and injury-prone as he gets older. Regular season stats don't mean anything come playoff time