View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
your description. "kane in all alone" uh with defenders back and right up his ass. he barely had a foot to work with. it was a straight shot with no move.
Yes, Kane had no room to work with :
He only deked twice. He clearly had no time.

As far as the fact that the shot was straight with no movement, unless deflected, most shots are straight-ish. If we're going to start criticizing the quality of the shots (ie. how much they move, where they were aimed, etc.) I think I can discredit a ton of Bryzgalov's "great saves" too. I can remember several instances of people going wild for Bryz where in reality they were chest snipes by opponents. I haven't done that yet because I don't really think it's fair to the goalies, but if you'd like to go down that route, I'd be happy to pick apart every breakaway or odd-man save that Bryz has made and discredit the ones that hit Bryz squarely in the chest or are squeezed by Bryz's 5 hole. But honestly, I'd prefer not to go down that route.

The fact of the matter is, Varlamov had Patrick Kane coming in alone and he stopped him. Kane was obstructed a heck of a lot less than Rick Nash was (Nash was blatantly hooked by Timonen and still scored on Bryz), but Varlamov still stopped him. You can try to discredit that all you want, but those are the facts.