View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 06:59 PM
professorchaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethesis View Post
I would argue that Hansen is the more complete player. Hansen is probably one of the most underrated playmakers/passers on the team. He may not shoot well, but his passes are usually good, coupled with his tenacious forecheck and speed, and defensive awareness. Booth doesn't always compete in the defensive zone, and doesn't have the vision that Hansen does. The only way that they are similar in my opinion is their speed, that's about it.
Oh I don't disagree. I do think Hansen is the more complete player, only for the role he plays as a third line checking forward. As solid as a player that Hansen is, he does not have Booth's offensive awareness and scoring touch (it isn't currently apparent, but it's there). I think they play a similar style in that they both have speed, they both drive the net, and they both have surprisingly hard shots.

What I believe Booth lacks is a Chris Higgins to complement his game. Hansen and Higgins play so well off of eachother, we get see the offensive talent both players have that we don't so easily notice when they are paired with others. Chemistry is huge and when it's found, it can elevate otherwise unremarkable players and have them produce seemingly beyond their capabilities. Booth obviously has the talent to finish, he just needs the right complement to his skillset.