View Single Post
Old
07-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Things are definitely looking up for the Bulldogs, IMO. I really like the potential for a scoring line involving Kostitsyn/Locke/Grabovsky and the grit combination from some part of Lapierre/Chipchura/Lemieux/Ferland (assuming one of them makes the Habs maybe). Then you've got Milroy and Manlow for some character two-way play. In theory maybe only a couple of the rest make the AHL and the others start in the ECHL. Presumably Lambert is the front runner to step up permanently. I don't think last season gave us any reason to really believe that Urquhart or Bonneau need to advance in the organisation, although training camp could change that. D'Agostini and Aubin are the wild cards who could go either direction. I sort of imagine Stewart starting off in the ECHL.

Signing an Aubin (if he'd take an AHL assignment at this stage) or Serge Payer or Jeff Hamilton (is he still available?) or Kent McDonnell or other type of forward would be good IMO.

On D, we have 5 in Jancevski, Cote, Sanford, Benoit, Archer. I think we need one more addition. Gleed would still see plenty of time with injuries and call-ups to Jancevski/Cote. So adding a vet like Nathan Dempsey, Steve Poapst, Jamie Rivers, or a more stay-at-home type like Alain Nasreddine, or a flashier younger type like Filip Novak (if they are all still available) would be nice. There are many options, but also many good options have been signed already, so I don't think the Habs should wait too long on this. (Alternatively, by waiting maybe some of the lesser NHL vet types who want to stay in North America and are shut out from the NHL will be more desperate to sign 2-way minimum deals closer to training camp).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote