View Single Post
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
PK Cronin
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Ignoring Nielsen, because Grabner is not a center, Grabner is a better player than any winger on this time by a mile. The icetime he receives is a flat out joke. If we had a legitimate NHL coaching staff come in tomorrow, the first, and most obvious change they would make is finding 3-5 more minutes a night for Grabner.

Yeah, someone needs to be the odd man out of Boyes, Bailey, Okposo and Grabner and it SHOULDNT BE THE BEST PLAYER OF THE BUNCH.
Bailey is a better hockey player than Grabner is. Almost all of Grabner's chances come from his speed and that's it. I rarely see him control the puck well in the offensive zone, he's soft and doesn't hit ever, his shot isn't very good, his hands aren't very good, etc.

He could get better, and I think he has this season from last, but Bailey is a much better playmaker and has more hockey sense than Grabner does. I firmly believe that if Bailey had another player who was actually good, you'd see his scoring go up tremendously and he'd put up a lot of points.

With that said, Grabner does deserve top 6 minutes and I'd prefer to see him out there instead of the turnover machine that is Okposo.

PK Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote