View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Bomber0104
Boom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
This is ridiculous! You're going to trade a 25-year old elite for who exactly? I don't even see how Corey Perry, age 27, is going to replace Kessel. It's obvious that extreme amnesia and excessive narcotic consumption is clouding judgment.

When Carlyle was heading the Ducks during their decline, he regularly criticized Perry. The criticism was that he floated and didn't move his feet. We're really getting obsessed with size when Perry is not the guy that's taking us anywhere.

Kessel has proven that he can net 40 goals on his own. He is a very strong playmaker as well. Perry, on the other hand, depends on a rather capable player named Getzlaf. There is also Ryan - another big guy - and Selanne who just makes the team difficult to play.

JVR is the only big guy that play a somewhat similar style. I guess Grabovski would follow due to up his very feisty game. Yes, more so than Kumelin! He's more of a player who accelerates on the rush and scores. Built like a tank, but didn't an intimate relationship with the opposition goalie even during his 30 goal year.

I'd trade Kessel for Crosby. Otherwise, we're wasting our time. It's just a very stupid proposition.
Kessel for Crosby

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote