View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
vcanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvale420 View Post
Phoenix threw torres a bunch of money and a longer term deal than the canucks couldve matched. Thats no fault on MG. i see MGs biggest failure not being able to re-sign ehrhoff and thinking edler would only get better. Buffalo gave ehrhoff 40 million over 10 years, only 4m cap hit. I would like to believe he wouldve agreed to a 6 year 30m contract. So ballard at 4.2 for 4ish years and losing a first round draftee as well as a later date first round pick or ehrhoff at 5? Ehrhoff being a top 2 pmd or ballard a top 4 panther and 5/6 canuck. Only saving grace was getting hamhuis, could you imagine having ballard in the top 4 in vancouver?
He's only making an extra 500k more than his old contract, was 500k really too much to ask for a guy who played his heart out for the team in our Cup run?

The team didnt mind having Malhotra making 2.5m taking faceoffs, or Ballard 4.2m to be a depth defenceman.

I agree with re-sign Ehrhoff, MG's ego/pride/stubborness got in the way of that i believe.

Im sure Ehrhoff wanted to re-sign, but he wanted to get paid and rightfully so after helping the team's PP be tops of the leauge.

MG tried to lowball offer him and now he's playing for another team and our PP has never been the same.