Old
03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Montador & Frolik will travel to Colorado. So will Shaw & Hossa.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

I went to the skate for injured players today at Johnny's West. Montador looked really good I expect him not just to make the trip, but dress as the 8th defenseman. I think he could take a few shifts on the 4th line or do some PKing.

Olesz & Frolik also were at Johnny's. Montador looked to be in game shape, Frolik was just skating and shooting at empty nets.

Olesz & Montador were shooting on a live goalie. Also practicing speed moves and skating and receiving pucks out of the faceoff circle.

Olesz shape is so bad that he would be getting 4th line minutes in Rockford. That is being generous because I think Paradis probably is a bit better than Olesz at this point. Rusty has a long way to go. I don't think he plays in the NHL ever again. I don't see him playing in the AHL either. He seems likely to play in Europe after the buy out. I couldn't tell if he was being lazy or just that far out of shape from being injured. I don't like calling players lazy when they are coming off injuries. He just has a long way to go.
That's too bad, he's probably out of shape. I remember the guy looking decent with Toews in pre-season last year, and I still don't think he got a fair shot.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote