Old
03-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That bridge contract is going to hurt us in the end.
Sorry but i just never understood this way of thinking?, and i constantly see this type of post when regarding subban

"hurt us in the end?" as in, him making 6 million plus in 2 years? ...what exactly is the problem with that? ... do most people think hes NOt worth the 6 mill? and that the habs shouldnt pay that and that another team should?....

i always thought, if pk is going to eventually end up making 6 mill plus....then its because hes PLAYING like a 6 mill plus player and putting up 6 mill plus numbers ..? then why dont we want him doing all that 6 mill plus sutff WITH us? ..do we think hes going to make 3 mill for 15 years?

so what would of happened if bergevin had folded and given pk 6 mill plus NOW , then the thinking would be : " damn, hes really trying to live up to that hefty contract!" ...but no. hes making under 3 mill..and now its : " wow, pk putting up these numbers and play is a STEAL considering his contract..." ..... so again whats the problem should the 2 years be up and we HAVE to pay him the large contract? that he's earning?

what if we won the cup this year or the next? and then after that bridge contract, we HAVE to pay him 7 mill a year..... would it still matter if we had just won the cup, and hopefully thanks in part to subbans play?

im not targeting you personaly bud, i just cannot, seem to "get" the "wow subbans gonna kill us next contract" posts, ... relatively speaking, dont we WANT this???? wouldnt it mean hes worth and playing like a large contract player??? ..bergevins not an idiot...

the contract at the moment is a steal, and he is outperforming it, and the team is only benefitting from it, ..so why would this stop when he starts getting paid like an all star, and when that even happens, we will have freed up enough cap space for it to be economically viable, paying a player an amount he actually deserves over gomez 7 mill/gionta 5 mill/cammy 6 mill......