Thread: Monty & Olesz
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 04:19 AM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I think Montador is a better player than Brookbank but I don't think you can count on Montador staying healthy. There's only 10 or 12 games before the TDL and that isn't enough games to give the feeling that Monty can be counted on to make it through the end of season and playoffs. With Roszival's injury history, I'd rather have Brookbank as an insurance policy than Montador.

Ideally Monty plays well enough for some playoff bound team that needs defensive help to take a chance on him and take that contract off the books for the Hawks. That would leave the two buyouts for Olesz and Frolik and give the Hawks enough cap space to resign Leddy, Stalberg. Kruger and Bickell.
Montador is a huge upgrade over Brookbank. I think they bring Montador back with caution. If it came down to an insurance player on a playoff roster I agree Brookbank is my guy only because I want Monty healthy next season.

Steve Montador when at his "A" game is a solid #5 defenseman on half the NHL teams. If the Blackhawks didn't have the best defense in the league this is what a normal defense looks like.

Keith Seabs
Hjalmarsson Oduya
Montador Olsen
Sopel

That is a normal NHL defense one aged veteran and one questionable rookie in your bottom two.

Having Leddy & Roszival as a bottom pairing is ridiculous. Roszival made 6 million a year in his prime for the NYR. I think both Leddy & Roszival are #4's.

Leddy & Roszival are much better than Montador. Montador does most things well. I like his offensive ability he reminds me more of a forward than any of the defenseman on this team. Montador's only weak area seems to be clearing the puck at times. Similar to Oduya where he makes a terrible pass once every 2 or 3 games and creates an opportunity where Emery or Crawford have to bail him out.

Montador is a big upgrade over Brookbank & when the playoff roster is set management would take a healthy Montador.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote