View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 07:40 AM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Agree with most of what you said. If the Flyers miss the playoffs and are drafting that high, they should pick the best player available regardless of position. After the 1st rd, draft defensemen in bulk. I M skeptically of the Penguins pipeline. Shero hasn't drafted a single impact player yet except with Jordan Staal at 2 (with Toews on the board). He has done some great trades with the players that were acquired by Craig Patrick but his draft record has been crappy. Until one of those guys performs at the NHL level, its ur typically Penguins overarting suck fest IMO.

Lavy should be fired and Bryz should be given a shot under a more defensive system. He can be bought out in the summer of 2014, so I would wait. Bring in a good backup like Backstrom to challenge him next year.

I think Holmgren is safe. Luukko is the one calling the shots with Snider making the odd demand now and again. I think Luuko likes Holmgren and I think Snider does too. I doubt Clarke will come back. This is all speculation and a little hope on my part as Holmgren is head and shoulder better than Clarke. Clarke's answer was always add a forward whether you needed a goaltender or defensemen.
Backstrom to backup??? Doubt he bites at that.