Thread: Confirmed with Link: NHL and NHLPA approve re-alignment
View Single Post
03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
The chances of Quebec getting a team unless an eastern team is relocating took a serious dent today.

Chances are as a stipulation of getting in a Toronto 2 team would play in the west anyway, they would be the displaced Eastern time zone team.

But lets be honest they have 8 Canadian teams, I think having a 1/4 would be all they are interested in.

Seattle, Houston, Kansas City, Omaha, Milwaukee (if the Bucks move), Portland, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas. They have places to grow the game and help the American tv contract.

Personally I think Omaha is a great option they would be like the Thunder, they have a big arena they have put in and they follow both the USHL and College hockey big time there. Own the market, get Buffet to buy the team.

But chances are they have Seattle and Houston circled. Kansas City has been trying, but I think they get the Bucks and there is no basketball team in St. Louis or Kansas City so the NBA should be interested. If Phoenix is forced to move, like I said I am a big fan of Omaha, but Portland has chased teams in the past, came close on the Pens the first time in the 90's.

Would San Fran thrive or too close to SJ I wonder?

JBauerly97 is offline   Reply With Quote