: Post-Game Talk:
Rangers @ Islanders 3/7/13 - What Is This Gaborik You Speak Of?
View Single Post
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Originally Posted by
Good road win last night.
Was hoping for a goal from one of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, etc.. but nonetheless a solid 2 points on the road.
I thought the Rangers carried the game all night (again) and if not for Nabokov this game could have gotten out of hand quickly. Few things
• I have to point this out right off the bat. Two guys stood out to me last night - Stepan (we have a new #1 center folks) continues to play very well, and Stralman - stepped up big time and had some really great rushes and offensive spurts. If Staal is out longterm, if he plays the way he did last night this team will be just fine.
• Lundqvist quietly has been putting together a string of solid games. He made 3 or 4 big time stops at key times.
• Nash, he just makes the difference on this team. Every time he comes down the ice with the puck something happens. Dubinsky? Anisimov? Who?
• Gaborik, its about time. I still think he hasnt been as hard on the puck as he can be. He was in some important sequences which mattered most but theres still another level of his game he needs to reach.
• Hamrlik was ok, well see if he can sustain it.
Stralman was great last night. His skating and mobility really stood out.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Mickaleen