View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Yeah those scrubs in Anaheim like Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne, Koivu, Fowler, Beauchemin etc have no shot of doing anything
You are kind of helping me prove my point. It is about making the tough decision to do what's best for the long term health of the team, vs win or bust. If you keep Perry and you win this year, or he resigns, it's the right decision. However, if you keep him and don't win it and he walks, well then you just set your franchise back 3-5 years. Trading him could at least land you NHL ready futures, picks, and some NHL players that could bridge the gap.

Now that being said, I personally hope that the Ducks hold on to him because I think if the Pens have any shot at getting him, it will be via FA. I know Ray won't make the biggest offer, so our only hope would be FA. Let's face it, if Perry wants to sign with the Pens at the end of the year, he will do it regardless if we acquire him via trade or not. So why give up assets, if you will get him for nothing if he chooses.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote