View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
Only had the 3rd place game due to the OUA having the wild card bid for nationals. And it's only one game for a few reasons. If they had a series, the OUA would have 4 rounds of playoffs opposed to the 2 or 3 the other 2 conferences. 2nd is money and travel. 3rd is that the Quebec teams are "guests" in the OUA and they will never have a Queen's Cup game in the Quebec Province. Thats why Waterloo is hosting the game even though overall they finished 16 points behind UQTR/
I didn't realize the Bronze Medal Game last year was solely due to the Wildcard. I assumed it was just a quirky thing the OUA does.

I get the first part of it, though the playoffs could be shrunk if they wanted to do this. However, beyond the cost of a hotel room and meals for an extra night, I'm not sure I see money and travel being an issue. UQTR still has to come to Waterloo, what's playing potentially two more games?

On the third point, isn't the conference set up that it wouldn't be Quebec vs. Quebec in the finals? Thus, if they followed Canada West's format where the series is all in one location, this wouldn't be an issue.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote