View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I am not watching too many Pens games, but a Top 3 winger doesn't strike me as your primary need. IMO you should bolster your defensive core. With Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz and Neal you have enough offensive firepower.

BTW I doubt I can sell Pens fans on a Perry (long term signed) for Malkin (long term signed) trade?
On the surface, you are right. We can score and get away with what we have. That said, outside of Neal and Kunitz who is having a career year, Dupuis, Cooke, Bennett are our next three top forwards. Dupes is a third line guy playing top line because of chemistry with Crosby. He is 33 and is a pending UFA. Cooke is a pending UFA and is 34. Not old, but ... Bennett is a rookie still finding his way. I still say we need a quality young winger. If Cooke or Dupes leave, not sure they will, you have a gaping hole moving forward. Sorry Dustin Jeffrey or Tyler Kennedy don't foot the bill.

They have two moves to make regardless IMO ... a third line winger to get Kennedy out of there. A tough guy that can provide good solid defense and put some points on the board (a Clutterbuck type) AND a tough stay at home D man (a younger Brooks Orpik type).

I won't even answer your BTW.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote