View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
at first I thought relocation... but what team from the east? the Panthers are the only potential relocation from the east... and they have a nice financial situation right?

so... 2 expansion teams in the west.... one in Seattle and one in Quebec City.... but then where does Phoenix move?
I think moving Phoenix fixes things:

West -
Pacific: Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado (in place of Phoenix), Edmonton, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver (7 teams)
Midwest: Chicago, Columbus (moved from East-Atlantic), Detroit (moved from East-Central), Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg (8 teams)
15 teams total

East -
Central: Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Montréal, Ottawa, Québec (relocated from Phoenix), Tampa Bay, Toronto (8 teams)
Atlantic: Carolina, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington (7 teams)

If you add teams via expansion in Seattle and Toronto, you'd likely just move one of the Florida teams from the Central to the Atlantic and just plug Seattle into the Pacific.

While it doesn't solve the problem of Columbus or Detroit wanting to be in the East, it does keep classic rivalries alive (Chicago vs. Detroit) and the divisional playoff format would lessen the chance of playoff games in the Pacific Time Zone (I believe that was Detroit's main gripe).

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote