View Single Post
03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
NYR Viper
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Okay, then forget about the exaggeration as far as 3 shootouts go. How is:

"Dress a guy who can't play hockey, but can beat people up and look scary, yet despite all that won't stop your players from getting run."

Any different then:

"Dress a guy who can't play hockey but has a great shot and dekes well, so he can give them an edge if there is a shootout."

Both statements are absurd.

It's not the Lucics of the NHL I have a problem with. It's the John Scotts. The difference being Lucic can do everything Scott can, oh and he's a first line winger on top of that. I know Lucic type players do not grow on trees but then settle for a Brandon Prust. Anything but a John Scott. We had our guy in Sauer and it's a damn shame what happened to him, but Stu ****ing Bickel isn't the answer. Michael Haley is a step in the right direction.
The league is going in that direction, however I have not seen a better way for teams to seriously stick up for themselves.

Look no further than Orr knocking out Fedoruk when he was on the Flyers. Before that the Flyers were running everyone every game.

Same goes for Scott this year knocking out Thornton after the Bruins taking runs at the Sabres for years.

I understand the want to get those players out of the game, but the players in the room feel better knowing the have the toughest guy on the ice night-in and night-out. It's a comfort feeling knowing you have a "big brother" with you if **** goes south.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote