View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I just think he's horrible. His skating is some of the worst I've seen, he's completely useless on defense, as in, a traffic cone would be a better option. Joe Vitale FLEW by him. Yes, Pittsburgh's 4th liner Joe Vitale. I guess he doesn't do that much damage at forward, but I didn't see him forechecking particularly well either. I don't want useless goons on this team. Getting rid of Rupp (even though he used to be serviceable,) was a good start. We need more Daroll Powe's on the fourth line. And less Bickel.
Vitale is a good skater actually.

He is what he is. He will play 4-5 minutes a night wherever he plays. With the injuries so far this season he has seen more time than I am sure Torts wants but that is life in the NHL.

He skates better than many heavyweights the Rangers have had in the past.

And I am not saying I like Bickel. I of course would rather have a Chris Neil or Kyle Clifford on the 3rd/4th line. I have been calling for the Rangers to add MORE of those types of players in recent years. Tootoo. Konopka. Guys who can skate and provide some toughness while playing in other situations like the PK.

Unfortunately the Rangers din't sign any of those guys and they let Prust go. Bickel serves his role for now. Upgradeable? Absolutely.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote