Thread: Speculation: Logjam at Center: Solution?
View Single Post
03-08-2013, 10:29 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Trade someone. Maybe two someones. I personally am sick of this "you can never have too many centers" philosophy. The Flyers have had an excess of centers going back to when Briere arrived, and what has it gotten them. They've tried pretty much everyone at wing at some point, and has anyone actually looked good there? Not as far as I can see. Our best wingers are... actual wingers: Hartnell, Simmonds, Read, Voracek, and Gagne (still).

Trade from a position of strength (center) to address a position of weakness (defense). Please, Homer.
The only center that would land us a legimate #1 defensemen is Couts.
No one will give us a #1 D man for Laughton.
Brayden Schenn could be packaged for a #1 D man but with what you would have to add is probably not worth it. Besides if you trade Brayden I'd slightly worry about Luke, I know its a business but playing with your brother in the NHL is a dream come true. Trading your brother because you aren't the #1 dman the team wants could be a problem.
Giroux can get you a #1 D Man, but then you go from strong at center to very young and all potential based.
So basically Couts is the only one. You can probably get Myers straight up. Not sure I want him. Who else would move a #1? It is always a great idea in theory, but what teams are like "Cannot wait to trade our #1 Defensemen"

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote