Old
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
WR Brian Hartline resigned with the Dolphins for 5 yrs, $30.77 million (avg just over $6M/yr) with $12.5M guaranteed. A little more than I would've wanted to pay him but only by a little and he probably would've got $6M+/yr if he got to free agency.

Rumors are also surfacing that we've re-signed Matt Moore to backup Tannehill. Sounds like a 2 yr deal for $8M in total. I dont mind Moore coming back.

So long as they get another WR in free agency, a pass rusher (preferably via our 1st rounder), a couple cornerbacks, a TE (probably via free agency), a RT to replace Martin who will be LT (Eric Winston is available) and maybe a free safety, it would be a successful offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins
Its a bit much for Hartline, but he will compliment Wallace, if we are fortunate enough to get him. I expect Wallace and one of Cook, Keller, or Bennett to be our two big offensive additions. Cook and Keller would be nice, but Im a big Bennett fan, and think he would be a perfect fit for us, since he is an athletic TE, who is also one of the better blocking TEs in the game. Everyone knows the Fins are going to go hard after Wallace, and rightfully so. He instantly adds a threat to this team that we havent had in forever. If we can get him, along with one of those TEs, we all of a sudden have a solid offense. Those weapons also give Lamar Miller space to run, and I expect big things from him next year. I expect them to make a run at Winston too.

On defense, I see them going after guys like Reed, Goldson, Freeney, Abraham, Umenyiora, and Pacman Jones. Umenyiora is 30, but put him opposite of Wake, and we would have an excellent front four. I expect them to go with either Rhodes or Trufant at 12 in the draft, answering some of our CB needs. Id really like to see Ireland be aggressive and move up for Milliner, but I just dont see him doing that. Its a big offseason for the Fins, and Ireland. We have the money to spend, and there are enough players on the market to put this team into contention. We are either going to become a contending SB team, or we will be right back where we were a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i really couldn't care less about the team but the situation is embarrassment for the area and reflects poorly on all the teams down there. i do care about the panthers and dolphins. the more this stuff comes to light in major national outlets like the atlantic monthly, the more pressure there is on mlb, for example, to put an end to this. one can hope at least.
I love the Marlins, but Im done with them until MLB steps in and removes these clowns. They are an embarrassment to South Florida.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote