View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't see it happening. If Miller goes to third line center, then who are his wingers, Powe and Pyatt? Despite your objections, Powe is no better offensively than Boyle. Tortorella doesn't like Miller at center (last night he said he can be a dummy at times). If you're going to have one player who is not producing offensively, might as well improve the defense of the line.

I think, unless Boyle picks up his play in a hurry, the Rangers will be players for a 3rd line center at the deadline.

Also, I find the idea of Brandon Prust carrying a player offensively (especially a player that has outproduced him in every season) hilarious.
I think by year's end Kreider will be back. So, you have Step center Hags and Nash, Richie centers Gabby and Pyatt and Miller centers Cally and CK. All three lines can create scoring chances. If CK doesn't return then I agree we will be in the market for a 3rd line center.

As for Torts' comment about Miller, he said it with love and you can tell he is very pleased with what he is getting from the kid. If the 4th line is Boyle, Halp and Powe then you have a 4th line to trust in defensive situations and your 3rd line can provide secondary scoring and energy and not be used in defensive situations; at least not until JT gets a little smarter and more conservative in the D zone.

Prust is doing some good things offensively for the Habs. I never would have thought he had that talent but it appears he does. So, it is feasible that he made BB and we just didn't realize it. Him and lady luck.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote