Thread: Proposal: Flyers
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 11:07 AM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Flyers

Figured there are going to be many proposals/rumors about the Flyers coming up so might as well put it all into one. I'm as big of an optimist as there is when it comes to the Flyers and their chances of making the playoffs but I still believe they should move some players at the deadline. What would teams offer for the following:

Danny Briere
Kimmo Timonen
Ruslan Fedotenko
Max Talbot(Unlikely to be moved though)

Other deals I'm sure Holmgren will consider would be a major deal for a young top-pairing defenseman. Teams won't be looking to give away OEL/Pietrangelo type players so the Flyers may have to lower their expectations a little. Maybe they consider trading for a young prospect like Jake Gardiner/Morgan Reilly to Toronto since they need center help. Players like Subban, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson, Erik Johnson, Myers, Fowler, Yandle come to mind. Many of those players come from teams that need help at center and that is where the Flyers are deepest.

Players on the block for that could be:

Sean Couturier(Value him very high but have to give to get)
Matt Read
Braydon Coburn
Andrej Meszaros
Scott Laughton
Nick Cousins
High Draft Picks

Flyers can build around Giroux/Schenn/Simmonds/Voracek at forward and Schenn/Grossman/Coburn or Meszaros/and the top pairing dman they would get in a deal.

Last edited by duffy9748: 03-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.
duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote