View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
then how many were his fault this year. Because every one that goes in seems to be defended. How about last night when he tangled his leg on the post, was that his fault. How about when he missed the poke check, was that his fault, or how about the 4th goal was that his fault. Some thing needs to be his fault, or is the rest of the team responsible for stopping every shot
Bryz wasn't terrible last night. He wasn't good either. He just looked tired.

Flopped around on Dupuis' goal, and couldn't get up when Crosby brought it around the net. Made no effort to see the shot on Kennedy's goal, just went down completely screened. The one off Coburn's skate could have been stopped if he reacted sooner and was faster about getting over, with Malkin right there you gotta be prepared to go over. Kunitz goal was understandable, unlucky bounce off Grossmann's skate, although that's the type of goal I'd like to see Bryz steal.

Ehh, after typing it out I do want to kind of blame Bryz. They were all stoppable. Seems like a lack of effort contributed to 3 of them, although lack of effort and fatigue can be two sides of the same coin. Bryz certainly doesn't deserve all the blame however, there were defensive breakdowns like Couts not clearing the puck on Kunitz's goal, Coburn being late on defending Malkin in front of the net, and leaving Dupuis wide open in front of a wide open net.

But if Bryz bailed them out on any one of those it could've went differently. I understand the argument that those are the type of goals that go in, but given what Bryz is paid it'd be nice to see him steal at least one of those.

.75 save % and > 4 GAA kind of speaks for itself. It'd be more understandable if this kind of performance wasn't becoming commonplace again for him.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote