View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Absolutely. Dubnyk's Corsi is just brutal. Look, he's obviously very good defensively in his own zone and an excellent shot blocker, but at some point he's got to start pitching in on offence and helping to put the puck in the net. His neutral zone play has been practically nonexistent, his shifts are waaaaay too long, he refuses to go into the corners and get his nose dirty, and his stick handling and playmaking are an absolute joke (though I think his skating and shot are underrated on these boards). All in all, a good defensive player and I love his size, but at some point, he has to turn the corner and round into a more complete two-way goalie if he is going to have a future with this club.
Joking aside Dubnyk has identified weaknesses. He's poor at handling the puck, indecisive about making plays for the puck that are close to him.
He often loses sight of the puck on rebounds(and he gives up some fat rebounds) One thing with Dubnyk that he has a hell of a problem with is rebounds off the backboards. He has trouble knowing how to play these and is not confident in it. If I was an opponent I would band a few pucks off the endboards every game and see what comes of it.

Next, Dubs it terribad at telegraphing going down and being down on knees far too early. For instance on the second goal last nght he's facing somebody that hasn't scored all year. He's down way too early(instead of quickly coming out and challenging and closing off(again this is not a goalscorer or consummate play maker he's facing. Dubs had to come out a bit on that and take the shot away. Instead he's tight to the crease, down on knees, and all kinds of topshelf available.

The first goal was a complete joke. Dubnyk also had 4 shots ring off goalposts that he should've been able to nab. Interestingly in the space of say a few minutes 3 pucks got by him.

But definitely Dubs let the team down with the first GA.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote