View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
No, but you make it sound like Phil Kessel should look to get hit.

I want Phil Kessel to face as little contact as he can. If he gets hit, he gets hit, and that happens.

Often, Kessel moves the puck and avoids the hit. But people naturally focus on the negative, thus people only focus on Kessel's giveaways and defensive game.

People also tend to want what they don't have. We deal Kessel for Bobby Ryan lets say... People will turn around and start tearing Ryan's game apart, and say they wish we had Kessel's scoring
You're misunderstanding me. I don't think Kessel should look to get hit. And yes, if he can make a play without getting hit, he should do that. That's what smart players do. However, he shouldn't be scared to go after a loose puck in the corner because an opposition player might hit him. He needs to in there and get the puck instead of floating around hoping that someone will do the dirty work for him. In that game against the Flyers last week, a puck was flipped into a corner in the Flyer's zone and Kessel completely bailed on the puck (after initially chasing after it) once the Flyer's defenseman was closing in on him. Ray Ferarro called him out a few minutes later for this play. This sort of thing is unacceptable and pathetic. Especially since it happens in every single game he plays.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote