OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread
View Single Post
03-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Wisco hockey! 1-1-3!
Join Date: Jul 2010
Originally Posted by
2 Weekes Notice
No problem, as long as you guys are willing to sweep out Mankato for us next weekend!
Ummm no! The Badgers need the Sioux and Goofs to split and then they need to sweep SCSU this weekend.
If only the Badgers did better during the beginning of the year, they would probably have a record just a little under Minny's (overall). But there are still some things the Badgers need to work on going into playoff hockey and looking ahead to next year.
1. Power-Play: 11.9% isn't going to cut it. Power plays usually have quick movements. The Badgers slow their PP down making it easier to defend. A lot of times this results in the other team gaining momentum.
2. Penalty-Kill: When you allow over 20% of the other teams PP's to convert it further amplifies the terrible PP and makes winning that much harder.
1. 5-on-5 - Goals are 68-42 in favor of Wisco.
2. They are averaging more shots - 28.9 vs. 28.1
3. Overall shot-goal %- 8.7% to 7.3%
4. Great goaltending and team defense.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Digitalbooya