Old
03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Articles
I'm home sick today, so here are some snippets of reaction around the league.

Dallas
Quote:
“Delighted. Delighted,” said Stars President Jim Lites
Colorado
Quote:
Avalanche vice president Jean Martineau said the team is happy with the new realignment.
Detroit
Quote:
“It's awesome,'' Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard said. "These West Coast swings, not only do they take a lot out of us but also our fans, having to stay up and watch us late at night.
Nashville
Quote:
“It’s only 2,000 more miles per year, and the last seven years we averaged 40,000 miles … so it’s not much of a difference, obviously, but it is still a difference,” Predators forward and NHLPA player rep David Legwand said last week.
St Louis
Quote:
“They obviously looked at it and geographically you have to do something so teams aren’t hindered by travel,” Jackman said. “You get 14 teams in our division, so you might have a better chance of making it, but you still have to be a top-eight team to move onto the playoffs, so it’s going to be tough on both sides.”
NY Rangers
Quote:
At ESPNNY, Martin Biron and Brad Richards were asked about realignment and both said that not much changes for the Rangers and that being where the Rangers are, the travel is pretty easy.
Pittsburgh
Quote:
“A lot of people didn't want it,” he said. “Not everyone is happy. Not at all.”
“We needed to come to some resolution,” Adams said. “There needs to be a schedule next year.”
Tampa
Quote:
“We have mixed feelings about it,’’ Tampa Bay general manager Steve Yzerman said. “The commissioner has to do what he feels is best for the entire league, and I respect that. ... But I look forward to the challenge of playing against the teams in our division, if it goes through.”