Thread: Proposal: Flyers
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Considering our draft pool and where we are at right now, no way in hell do we give up our draft picks, especially the 1st round. If anything, we'd trade to get more or to get higher in the draft. I'd say the big player on the chopping block is Briere. I'd personally throw in Coburn and Talbot into the mix. All 3 are big playoff players as well. Mez has almost trade value because of constant injuries, but I really do like him as a Flyer. I'd say Laughton gets traded before Couts, and same with Cousins, even though I'd love to keep all 3 around. Read, especially with his value right now, I think he goes no where. No reason to ship him out. Feds, I feel anyways, is doing more than Talbot this season. Timonen, I know some have said to ship him out, but who else can we get? He's our only decent PMD, and I can't trust Gus (probably ever) to really take his place.
The Flyers have no chance of getting a top pairing defenseman unless they trade players like Couturier and Read. You have to give to get. Other teams aren't going to trade their highly valued assets for Laughton/Cousins. They are going to want one of B. Schenn or Couturier. I am a big fan of Read as well but he is not as important as Voracek, Simmonds, or Hartnell. Read's value will decrease tremendously once he gets a new deal. Not that he is a bad player, but he is a steal at 900k.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote