Thread: Salary Cap: Derek Roy's Next Contract
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Depends on what Dallas thinks of their internal options.

If they think Chiasson can fill Eakin's 3rd line center role next year, trading Roy is easier. If they have a guy targeted like they did with Eakin and can get him in a trade for Roy or in a separate deal then trading Roy isn't a problem. If they believe Roussel can be that guy again losing Roy hurts less. It comes down to what they feel is a fair evaluation and what they believe their other options are. 4/24 won't make me throw things but that's pushing it as far to the edge as I'm willing to go.
I bet you'd eventually be OK swallowing an additional $500K if it came to that. It may not, but I think you'd come around.

Dallas has over $19 million in cap space next season, and they don't have any other significant free agents to sign. Jagr doesn't worry me because he'll always be a year to year commitment.

This short season's revenue has proven we can expect the cap to just keep going up, and as young players start needing raises, big salaries for Whitney, Robidas and Cole will be coming off.

You're essentially taking a stand of Gaglardi's money which is admirable, but I don't think Roy being "overpaid" by $1 to $1.5 million is going to hurt the team.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote