View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
I don't like the fact that Q teams cannot host a Queen's Cup Game. I know it wont happen but the OUA should be devised up with one conference being the OUA and the other being maybe an Eastern conference or Quebec-Ontario Conference involving the Quebec Schools and close to the border schools like Ottawa etc, Entirely Separate Leagues, no more cross conference play
At one point, football used to be separated this way. The old OQIFC used to have Carleton, Ottawa and Queen's along with Concordia, McGill and Bishop's. So there is some precedent for it, but I'm not sure the OUA will go for that.

I've often wondered why Quebec schools are less embracing of University sport? This isn't a hockey only issue, football used to have the same problem. As I mentioned above the reason the OQIFC existed is that Quebec only had the three English schools playing. It wasn't until football saw a resurgence in Quebec with the arrival of the Alouettes and Laval took off.

Seems post-junior hockey is dying off in Quebec. I mean there are very few CIS teams and no AAA senior teams that plays in the Allan Cup. About the only option (which I'm guessing isn't for most who'd play CIS/AAA Senior) is the LNAH.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote