Thread: Rumor: Dany Heatley to Devils
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
centcougar07

vCash: 500
Dany Heatley to Devils

Looks like there is a couple rumors indicating Dany Heatley could be dealt to New Jersey. Apparently the FAN radio network in Minnesota has indicated that Heatley is not making the trip to Nashville and has already waved his NMC. Don't know how realistic this is but it's at least interesting that the rumor is out there.

As the rumor stands the deal would be:

Minnesota gets:
Alexander Urbom, Henrik Tallinder, Picks..

NJ gets:
Dany Heatley

Seems to me like this would be wayyyy more reported if in fact a deal was this far along so I doubt it's validity but it's an interesting discussion. I think this would be a snag for Minnesota personally. The picks alone for Minnesota would be worth it. Most nights, Wild fans would be satisfied with a bag of pucks and a broken stick for Heatley. The move would give Minnesota a lot of cap space. They dump the cap and a player in big time decline no matter how many times he can still show some scoring ability. Basically Heatley is good for one thing now.. His shot. He's got a great one timer, a lot like Stamkos except for Stamkos can skate and stickhandle and do more than be a pylon with a heavy shot.

Discuss this potential deal. Opinions?

EDIT: http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130828

Last edited by centcougar07: 03-08-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link