View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
That is great news, I hope you are right! I am worried though that Mahalak will be trusted yet again to be our starter.

I see our last game is the 17th, how soon will playoffs begin after that? Is there a layoff between? Also does the schedule for games stay similar to RS, like 2 or 3 games a week and mainly the weekends? Do prices for tickets go up and will these games sell out? What other things can a new fan expect for the playoffs (besides a dominating capture of the OHL championship )?
As WhalerBlue said, the first round of the playoffs will most likely not sell out -- I cannot remember the last time that happened. As for prices, we got our playoffs order form a week ago (we have season tickets). For the first round, single game prices are the same as regular season prices, and single game prices increase a little for each subsequent round. If you order the playoff package, the prices do not increase by round. For the playoff package, you pay for 12 games in advance. If they play fewer games, you have the choice of either a refund or applying the remaining balance to season tickets for next year (we always opt for the latter).

As for the schedule, the Whalers will probably open at home on either Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd. The series are 1-1-1-1-1-1-1, so they will end up with a weeknight Game #3 in the middle of the week. The postseason is the only time of year you'll see any weeknight games at Compuware.

I wouldn't worry about Mahalak being our playoff goalie. If that happens, it means that Ned would have either fallen apart or become injured, and our playoff hopes would be gone anyway.

Last edited by Whalers Fan: 03-08-2013 at 02:05 PM.