View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
If he was looking for 7+ I'd be picking up the phone with the Habs and talking PK plus for letang. I'm not saying he isn't worth it but on the pens that would hurt with the cap going down. This is assuming Malkin will take 8.7 aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
You don't pay a defenseman $7M/yr without at least being a competent PP guy. Letang leaves a Hell of a lot to be desired when it comes to his play with the man advantage. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and hope he retires a Penguin, but for an insane cap hit like we're talking, especially with the cap dropping, he had better step his game up in terms of decision making and power play production/efficiency.

And honestly, I'd be damn surprised if there were plenty of GMs willing to throw $8M/yr at Letang. Suter and Weber got insane deals this off-season before we knew the cap was dropping, and they were both involved in massive bidding wars.
The cap is dropping next year, and the Letang/Malkin deals won't kick in till the next year. By then, the cap will rise and be around 70 mil. (i would assume). Will be room to give Letang 7 (which he deserves whether people here think it or not) and Malkin 9.7.