View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 03:57 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Detesting is up to you but Brad Park--as great as he was--never led his team to the cup and Brian Leetch did. Brian Leetch was the best player in that Stanley Cup playoffs which is something Brad Park never was. Against the Bruins in the 72' finals Park was undressed by Ace Bailey (a 4th line Bruins winger who btw was a passenger on one of the planes that crashed into the towers on 9/11) for a game winning goal after the Rangers had come from a few goals behind in one game. If I remember correctly he was also on ice when JP Parise scored a few seconds into overtime to knock the Rangers out of the playoffs a couple years later. Park had his moments where he failed big time and he never did win a cup--either with the Rangers, Bruins, Wings in an over 20 year career. A very deserving HOF'er nonetheless but sorry I tend to see the warts too.
Park was on the ice for a goal against!

If I had known that I would never have felt the way I previously did. Thankfully Leetch was never on ice for one of those. How about some of the stinkers Richter gave up in the playoffs? How could they retire his number?

So, was Bourque's career in Boston lessened by never winning a Cup there? Hasek in Buffalo? Osgood won more cups than Hasek. Guess he was better. Logic is fun.