View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 03:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
There are no UFA Dmen. That's why they resigned Timonen. I think they might make a play for an RFA Dman, probably Pietrangelo, but it probably won't work. I doubt they'd go after a lower profile guy, but that might have a chance of succeeding if the other team isn't as high on him as the Flyers.

The only way I could see it working with the Blues is since they have 2 guys you could sign to a large deal. Now if they're both RFA's and you sign one to a big deal, the other one is gonna want a similar contract. Will STL be able to do that? Would they want to? So you might be able to swing one of their top Dmen, but I doubt it.

Has anyone not matched an offer sheet?
You're not getting Pietrangelo, you're also not getting OEL, thinking about acquiring one of those two seriously needs to stop.

I mean if you wanted to do something really stupid like giving one of them 10M per year for 2 years, then MAYBE you've got a chance of the other team not matching, but I doubt it. And even if they don't match in that situation, you could still end up giving up 4 1sts for only 2 years of Pietro or OEL. You'd have to be REALLY confident you could lock him up long-term to do that. Shattenkirk is a nice defenseman, but you're not getting him unless you offer the 2 1sts++ level of compensation and I'm not sure he's worth that.

McDonaugh could be a smart option though. Yeah we'd have to overpay a bit and offer him like 6.5M, but it'd be a win-win, either we get a promising young D, or we screw the Rangers over because they'd have to buyout Richards or trade Gaborik to fit McD and sign the rest of their RFAs.