Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
GernBlanston

vCash: 500
I have found it REALLY hard to watch the last couple of games, mostly because I'm emotionally torn about the tanking. As a former Thrashers fan and a secondary Panthers fan during the Atlanta years, I had grown used to futility. But I really felt like we had turned a corner. I now realize that it was premature. It's time to face up to it and see if we can get some value out of some of our (underachieving) vets, get a top 5 pick in the draft (I call Drouin), and move forward.

So I got to thinking... who, in my mind, is off limits right now? Who do we not entertain the thought of moving? My list of keepers (some go without saying, but I'll say them anyway - also, I'm not counting the Rookies / AHL callups. I'm assuming they all stay unless they're part of a trade to pick up a great piece):

Goal:
Markstrom

D:
Guds
Kuli (Yah - I still think he's gonna be great, or close to it)
Campbell (we'd be SO much worse without him - and that's scary)
Weaver (often our most consistently hard working Dman)

Forwards:
The Kid Line (duh)
Kopecky
Versteeg
Skille
Smithson (one of the best 4th line centers in the game right now, imo - great face off guy to boot).

I'd like to keep Matthias and Bergenheim (if he ever suits up again at all), but I don't think I can really put them on the "hands-off" list.

I'm still annoyed that we lost any chance of getting anything of value for Weiss or Theo, but not much sense in whining.

Thoughts? Anyone else on your "do not touch" list? Anyone on mine that makes you think I was dropped on my head as a baby?