View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 04:25 PM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Only if we let Horton and Ference walk as UFA/put Savard on LTIR, sign Tuuka at 5.5/6 mil, sign another defenseman at 2.5 mil to replace Ference - then we would have a little less than 8.5 mil. Other moves could be made as well to free up even more space. Boston could trade an additional 3.5 mil in salary if need be. I think the B's have cheaper replacement options and some of their prospects could take someone like Peverely's place. And if this Soderberg kid from Sweden comes over and is successful Boston could free up close to 13 mil in cap space. With all that being said I don't think Boston will go after Perry. I think they are happy with Horton and can re-sign him for a reasonable amount of money (lot less than Perry) and they will concentrate on their 3rd line and more solid defensive help. If they wanted too though they could take a run at Perry, but it would require some slight moves.
For all the reasons it's difficult/doesn't make sense for Perry to go to Boston, I can definitely imagine him the B's jersey.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote