View Single Post
Old
07-25-2006, 09:44 PM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
It will be very interesting to see how the D turns out.

Does Emelin, Korpikari o'byrne come to hamilton?

I hope they do, at least emelin and o'byrne
The Habs are awaiting the final Russian Hockey Federation transfer agreement being signed, then they can officially talk with Emelin...so all is not lost unless the agreement continues to stall.

O'Byrne is under those NCAA rules where the Habs have to be careful to not be seen to convince him to lease school early. In an article during the development camp from La Presse, he did say he would have to consider any contract offer with his family...so the door is definitely open on that front. Who would not want a 22 year old, 6'5" 225 pounder who can skate and who has a cannon?

As for Korpikari, this was his second camp with the Habs over in North America, so they must be interested to get a closer look to see how he has developed. I have read that his Karpat team has lost a lot of their top Dmen, so he could be looking at top ice time back home this season. I guess it will a matter of what if anything gets offered by the Habs, but him coming over this season for a development camp shows interest from both parties at least.

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote