Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
GernBlanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Goc is untouchable. He provides stability to the bottom lines. Great faceoffs, hustle, Hockey I.Q., hustles. He doesnt stand out because he does the little things right. I would like him to be more aggressive with his forecheck. Let him play out his contract so players like Trochek or Knight can earn his spot.

I'm not sold on skille, sure he is a burst of energy, skates fast and hits but I think he is too selfish. He is horrible with his positioning in both ends of the ice. I guess he would be a good 4th liner in the future, but at what contract cost and what player spot? I secretly root for him on many nights I have to admit. Hopefully he proves my wrong. Feels like he is playing for a contract.
I like Goc a lot, but the reasons(s) he didn't make my list are that a) he's very solid, but not irreplaceable and I'm not sure he's really a "core" guy in the long run, and b) that he's one of the few guys not on my list that I feel like has any real trade value. I'm assuming best-case, of course, where we're only getting rid of guys to get something of value in return... I have no desire just to dump salary or clean house (with the possible exception of Kuba).

Skille is often the hardest working guy on the ice. If he had even a below-average scoring touch, he'd be a consistent 30 goal guy. But I think the other things he brings to the table more than make up for the fact that you're only gonna get 20 points out of him on a good year. LOVE me some Jack Skille.