Thread: Player Discussion: Karri Ramo
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Flames can't trade kipper and by all accounts he wants to stay here, you can't trade a guy who wants to play in the city with his family if he has a NTC and doesn't want to move.

And the point of Ramo now is if Kipper gets injured or by some miracle we make the playoffs we have two goaltenders with playoff experience and know how to be the starting goalie of a team. In no way are the Flames capable of consistently winning with MacD in net, but with Ramo the team can play with confidence in front of him. Playing with two real goalies instead of 1.25 NHL goalies give this team a significant advantage.
I'm very hopeful of Ramo and have owned him in a keeper league, burying him in my minors for years waiting for him to come back over, BUT, he still has a lot to prove at the NHL level.

There is no certainty he will come over and be Fasth.

With a rested Kipper playing the bulk of the games I'm just not sure having Ramo come over now makes sense.

That said if we could move Irving or Taylor and open up a spot on the 50 man then i'd be open to it.

I guess I also just believe that the likelyhood of Kipper getting injured again this year is very low. He's been so durable before now, and was injured like many other players and goalies as a product of a short training camp...

Kipper is a pro's pro, and I would imagine now that he is up and running that he'll be healthy for the forseeable future.

At any rate, having Ramo come over is still a good problem to have.

Our organizational depth at Goalie looks very solid moving forward.

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote