Thread: Proposal: Evander Kane for Phil Kessel
View Single Post
03-08-2013, 05:50 PM
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
lol people spend too much time on HFBoards if Kessel is worth as little as most of you claim

25 years old coming off four straight 30+ goal seasons.

and to all the "omfg Kane has gotten so much better"

haven't watch Kessel play this year... he's much better defensively and has become an all around offensive player with his much improved playmaking skills.
So, I truly think Kessel will have a 100 point season one of these years and while I can't say I've watched a whole lot of Leafs this year, during last nights game vs BOS I noted a shift with the puck in the Leafs zone or on the Leafs side of the redline the entire time...and Kessel never leaving the neutral zone. Lets not start giving him a Selke yet.

Look, Kessel is a lightening rod. Because of the market, because of the trade, his odd personality, and because he plays a style that fits some teams more than others, it hard for anyone to have an honest take on what his value is. Right now I'd say he is a better player than Kane, although at each age, Kane has been better than Kessel. Does that mean that Kane will always be better than Kessel at the same age? No. The contracts make this trade a poor one, however, if this was a fantasy draft, I don't think you could fault anyone for taking one over the other.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote