View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Overtime before it was beyond terrible. There was no reason for teams to try to score and potentially risk losing the point they had already earned, so teams just sat on the puck. It was a pointless 5 minutes.

I'll add that I absolutely detest the term 'loser' point. It is NOT a point for losing, rather it is a point for a TIE in regulation. Following regulation, which I'll add is the part of the game that is played 5 on 5, they way hockey is meant to be played and throughout the playoffs, a BONUS point is rewarded. Each team gets a tie point, then another gets a bonus point.

The NHL still has ties, they've just done a good job of covering them up.
this is what I have been arguing all along. The game in the regular season is 60min 5 on 5 hockey. If its tied the game ends in a tie with each team getting a point.

After that they play 4 on 4 and then even a shoot out for the bonus point. You are quite right. The way they 'frame' it now its hard to tell .

Announcers do give it away. After the game ends they always say...........each team now gets a point, and now will play overtime for the 'extra' point.

So in my opinion , the Hawks are undefeated.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote