Thread: Poor crowds
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
I've always like the Blues.. partly because I grew up there and is where I really got into Hockey... but even so, they play a gritty style most of the time. This year, not as much as the last few, so far at least.

It pains me to say it, but LA plays a pretty exciting game these days... although, I can't stand Bob Miller and Jim Fox anymore... Usually can't go wrong with Philly or Boston... Vancouver and Chicago are often a good bet.

However, most the time, I am pretty busy in the evenings with the lady... so I have to prioritize who I watch... and the Ducks and their opponent are obviously the first choice. We do have Center Ice this year, but mainly because we no longer live in Socal and it's our only option to get Ducks games.

Sounds like you live and breathe hockey...know alot more about the teams... good for you. I just don't have the time.
I don't know how you find LA exciting. They're physical sure but in a very defensive minded grind opponents down kind of way. I do not enjoy watching kings games at all - last years finals were terrible.

Vancouver and Chicago are great to watch - I agree there. The Eastern conference in general is pretty good (much better than the western conference overall) - I love watching Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, Toronto and a few other teams.

Personally I'm a fan of high tempo, physical teams who aren't afraid to take chances offensively. I'm not going to complain about the current Anaheim team because they're scoring goals & winning games which I enjoy. I think they could stand to be more physical (up front at least) but I would rather watch a winning team that's average physically than a losing team that goons it up every game. I think we were spoiled by the 2006-07 team a little bit.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote