View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
The Leafs really need a defensive defensemen to play with Phaneuf because Holzer is getting burned constantly and really doesn't belong in that role.

Kulemin is a great defensive winger with streaky scoring ability, he does a lot of things that go unnoticed and I like him, but the Leafs are going to have a logjam in the wing and if a trade happens I see him as the most expendable guy who has value.

Gunnarsson is probably the Leafs 2nd best defensemen, I'd really be open to trading any of the Leafs defensemen not named Phaneuf or Gardiner but I think Gunnar would probably be most appealing to other teams. He's pretty strong defensively and decent offensively (9 points this season), but for whatever reason Carlyle has been reluctant to try him on the top pairing.

I'd be willing to add any non-1st round picks and any prospects not named Rielly, and of course if there are any teams out there that want Komisarek or Liles the Leafs wouldn't hesitate to add them.

Who do you think is the best defensive defensemen the Leafs could target? Would Dan Girardi be an option if Staal comes back healthy?
Smid

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote