View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Is there anything that hasn't gone right this year?

Kids are playing great.
Price has been awesome.
Markov has been healthy and effective.
Change in culture has been positive
Plex and Max have been solid
Even Bourque was playing well. Eller has improved a lot.
PK's even better than he was last year

Seriously... what can you say that's been bad? We've still got too many smurfs and the team has been pushed around in a couple of games but that's about it.

I like what Bergevin has done. I wasn't a fan of how he treated Subban but otherwise he's done well in working to change the culture. Same with MT who seems to have done a pretty good job overall.

I don't even want to think about what it would be like if Roy and McGuire were ruining (sorry I mean running) the show...
I agreed with you about MT and Subban. At the time, I thought they should have locked PK up now with a healthy, long-term contract which would have saved money over the long run. But there's a valid counter-argument that Bergevin gained considerable respect from the other players and fellow GMs by standing tough. That's part of the culture change. What the hell do I know - it worked thus far. Let's watch and judge the next few moves.

As to Roy - that was never a question in my mind. A huge, emphatic, gut-busting, organ-exploding NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Thank goodness....

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote