View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's a great player there's no doubt about it, he might even push Ekblad to 2nd place.
Ekblad is impressive physically and he's pretty mature for a 16 year old, but he had a rough time when I watched him at the U-17, he was relied upon a lot though.

I don't know enough of the 2014 draft class yet to base my judgement, that being said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I think he might go earlier... I like him too! Big guy with lots of skills.

But like I said I don't know if he's going to be available when we will pick.

Do you guys have any idea how Audette has been playing ? I've seen one game of him...
I've seen him aplenty, he has struggled at the beginning of the year, battling with a nagging ankle injury and a few others, and with the difference of speed of the play, and obviously the size and strength of the players. I was honestly disappointed by his play early on, as I expected much more out of a first overall pick, but after Christmas he picked up his play.

He's a hardworking kid and is not intimidated by older players, he even fought Tommy Giroux who is a 20 year old last week. He won't shy away from the physical play and he's a pretty good skater overall. He's a pretty good play-maker, although he tries impossible plays sometimes. He needs to learn how to better handle the puck possession, not just throw it in the corner and change. But I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's 16. He is pretty good in-tight and is creative with the puck. His defensive game, while it still needs works, is fine for an offensive player. But knowing the coach personally in Sherbrooke, he will be more than fine in that department.

His production has been disappointing, but we have to keep in mind that Sherbrooke was a very bad team to start the year. He had very little support, offensively outside of Comtois and McNamee.

The huge turn off for him to me is that he's pretty small, I'd say 5'8. But he's pretty thick. He has the right attitude to eventually reach the NHL and I think he will, but I'm not quite sure what his potential really is just yet. His next year's play will give me a better idea, as he will be even more relied on.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 03-08-2013 at 09:25 PM.