View Single Post
Old
03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i addressed the only line i'm concerned about: did he let in bad goals vs Pitt, or not.

are you now claiming that he did let in "bad / weak / soft" goals vs PITT ?
In isolation, and applying my standards of a "bad" goal, none of them were bad. If I apply your binary good/bad logic, however, then yes, at least Kennedy's goal was bad. But like people are saying and what you don't seem to get is that when you add all of these borderline bad goals Bryz is not performing that well. He's not terrible by any means, and I still think he's a bit better than his stats say, but the save percentage does not lie. It's funny how you were rubbing it into everyone's face when Bob was faltering at the beginning of the season and Bryz had better stats, whereas the stats don't get quoted, mentioned or addressed by you at all anymore. You look at a single goal individually and then just make up the whole picture based on that. Things don't work like that. An A student is excused to have an OK outing here and there, and you can't fault him for any of those individually, but if every effort is like, well then guess what. He's definitely not good.

As for the poll, I'm not going to vote just yet, because I can't decide just yet. On one hand, there's plenty of goalies out there that are better than Bryz and that we could sign, but on the other, he's definitely in the top 5 of my favourite goalies in the NHL, so I don't want to give up on him just yet. But if Snider can afford it, I think a buyout would not be a bad idea. I might wait another season, though, because I'm not sure there's a rush. That might also give the scouts the opportunity to scout the European leagues and fetch a good goalie.