View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:44 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Who said they weren't striving to get better? Maybe you think longterm, its better to develop 3-4 dmen than just giving Gardiner all their minutes, we will be better in the long run.

People just live game to game, just like people live day to day. Sometimes striving to be better takes more foresight. Thats just me though.
Jake Gardiner logged 3rd in minutes among defenseman and his surprisingly effective and impressive rookie season were one of the lasting bright spots to an otherwise disappointing 11/12 season.

I understand he suffered a serious injury and that you want to develop other defenseman, but you don't do so at the expense of a player as promising and effective as Gardiner. He should be considered a big part of both our future and present. You bring him up and you instantly fill the #3 spot on our roster, and add sorely lacking mobility and offensive spark to our defensecore.

I've pondered this whole scenario number us times before and the conclusion I've reached is that Dave Non is simply biding time and showcasing his wealth of defenseman in anticipation of the approaching trade deadline. The most logical defenseman for Gardiner to eventually replace is Mike Kostka in my eyes. Move Gunnarsson back to playing with Phaneuf and reduce Holzer's minutes by putting him in the #4 slot beside Gardiner.

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Holzer
Fraser-Franson