Thread: Proposal: Ballard to St. Louis
View Single Post
Old
03-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSinceBirth View Post
The Blues are NOT a cap team. Also you might want to check out what players we have to get under contract for next year. 4.2 Million for Ballard is crazy when you have a budget like the Blues.
Ahh right, thats understandable as its a special circumstance for your club.

Although still, that contract is standard for a top 4 defenseman, look at what they have been getting in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I wouldn't call sitting in the pressbox playing like a top 4. Your whole fanbase knows he is trash which is why you guys have been trying to pawn him off for so long.
Yeah cause you were watching and know the history of our coach.

He sat 2 games, one cause he apparently played bad, (although everyone played bad against DET, that's why we lost 8-2, and Edler had been bad the entire year) and the other cause we wanted to see what Cam Barker could do.

Other than that, he has been our best defenseman this year aside from Chris Tanev. And he was undoubtedly our best defenseman last year against LA, one of the only people who played well. I would prefer to keep him, but our coach doesn't use him properly and we need a right side defenseman or a center.

If St.Louis isn't willing to give us a 3rd line center like Sobotka atleast then I am more than happy keeping him, having 3 top 4 pairs isn't such a bad thing if we can get someone to adjust to the right side.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote